Thursday 2 December 2010

Ring Flash

Today we got inducted on Ring Flash which I've been wanting to use for a while now because I had liked results I had seen on pictures in first year. Initially Adam explained how ring flash creates a glow like shadow along the subject. I placed picture below of actress Jennifer Aniston because I thought it displayed this glow perfectly.


He also explained that because the flash is merely creating an even light across the subject it isn't actually creating anything exciting or dramatic unless you make it. So how you position and capture your subject is a vital part of creating an interesting portrait using the ring flash. The following are a few portraits which have been taken using the Ring Flash which I found interesting.

















In the above case Ring Flash was combined with a long exposure to capture the ambient light from behind the glass. The camera was given a twist at the time of exposure to record the background as a series of streaks.

I really like the ring flash and have booked it out for a session in the studio next friday in aim of getting some practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment