Tuesday 7 December 2010

Ring Flash and Medium Format with Digital Back

As I have already mentioned we were shown how to use the Ring Flash last week and I took a couple pictures. The image below is of Simon and I took it using the Ring flash and a Medium Format Camera with a digital back, which is amazing. The photographs were immediatly transferred onto Capture One, which is a programm I really need to learn more about. I made a point of using is last Thursday to get a bit more used to it and confident with it. I understand the basics of the program like starting a new session, correcting the white balance, creating a 'thread' so that each photograph follows through with the same qualities proposed. However I am not fully aware of the potential of the program and understand that a lot of proffessional photographers are using Capture One and I really need to get cracking and become completly used to the program first however I want to look into what exactly its about and does, then I will experiment because I will know what I can experiment with.




I took the image of Simon using the ring flash and the medium format camera with a digital back which is amazing, the detail on this image alone is impeccable. Simon had to be sat down for this shot becasue of his height, I stood close to him and took it from above pointing downwards. I used a large aperature for a shallow depth of feild which is really apparent in this photograph. You can see how clear his face is and how the focus drops as the words on his t-shirt become blurry, there is even less focus on his ears. I'm actually really pleased with this portrait and I am really excited about using the ring flash again this Friday in the studio hoping to get some interesting and fun shots.





The picture above was taken of me by simon. I like the way he's cropped the image I think its very neat and concise. In regards to the expression on my face, I wasn't meant to look that miserable; it's just my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment